Friday 26 November 2010

Lil' Kim's 'Black Friday' Diss Aims For Nicki Minaj

http://www.ddotomen.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/lilkim.jpgNicki Minaj and Lil' Kim's war of words has risen another notch. On Friday (November 26), Kim released "Black Friday," her response to Minaj's interview on New York's Hot 97 radio station.
"It'll be a murder scene, I'm turning Pink Friday to 'Friday the 13th,' " spits Kim over Pharoahe Monch's "Simon Says" beat. "I hate you Lil' Kim clone/clown, all this buffonery, the sh-- stops now ... We all know your last name is what got you your job, you's a put together gimmick, something like a collage."
On November 19, Nicki, who'd previously skirted her beef with the Brooklyn MC—aside from releasing "Roman's Revenge," a cut featuring Eminem where Barbie spits "The f--- I look like getting back to a has been?"—didn't hold back.
“She just really jumped out the window,” Nicki said during the Hot 97 interview, regarding Kim's jabs. “You gotta be careful when you pick fights. That’s what I’ve learned in this business; you just never know. I think people get me mistaken for a real Barbie. They forget where I’m from, and if I have to revert back, I can and I will. So don’t play with me.”
Elsewhere on "Black Friday," the Queen calls out Drake, who said earlier this year that he didn't "respect" Kim's words against Nicki.
"Yeah, this hood sh-- you and Drake ain't built for, this the sh-- the other bitch almost got killed for," she spits.
It's safe to assume that the gloves between the two New York MCs have come off. And speaking of Nicki, MTV released a new trailer for her upcoming "Nicki Minaj: My Time Now" documentary debuting at 10 p.m. ET/PT on November 28.
In the clip, the Queens MC analyzes the double standards she says plague the entertainment industry, explaining that a confident behind-the-scenes manner will often land women unfavorable and dismissive labels.
"When I am assertive, I'm a bitch. When a man is assertive, he's a boss. He bossed up. No negative connotation behind 'bossed up.' But lots of negative connotation behind being a bitch. Donald Trump can say, 'You're fired.' Let Martha Stewart run her company the same way and be the same way. [People will say] 'F---ing old evil bitch!' But Donald Trump, he gets to hang out with young bitches and have 50 different wives and just be cool. 'Oh, Donald, we love you, Donald Trump!' " Minaj quips theatrically.
The "Roman's Revenge" spitter further maintains that, to make it as a superstar, aspiring female artists are expected to juggle a superhuman amount of multitasking.
"When you're a girl, you have to be everything. You have to be dope at what you do but you have to be super sweet and you have to be sexy and you have to be this, you have to be that, and you have to be nice," she says. "It's like, 'I can't be all those things at once. I'm a human being.' "
Don't miss the documentary "Nicki Minaj: My Time Now," premiering Sunday at 10 p.m. ET/PT on MTV!

0 comments:

Post a Comment